Going green with your roofing is always a good idea. First of all, it reduces your environmental footprints. Second, it helps lower your energy bill, which lets you save money. With many options available on the market, it's not difficult to find an eco-friendly material you can use for your home.
Maggio Roofing, team of expert roofers in Washington DC, shares a list of reasons you should go green this spring and a list of roofing options.
Why You Should Switch to Environmentally Friendly Roofing Materials:
- Specialty roofs offer many benefits. Some can accommodate equipment that can reduce your energy expenses. Solar panels, for instance, can help you get off the grid and enjoy great savings on your energy bill. Solar hot water panels, on the other hand, harvest water and reduce your household's energy costs spent on heating water. Those with reflective surfaces can make your home warmer in winter and cooler during summer.
- Reflective roofing can help you save about 10% to 15% on your heating and cooling costs.
- Lower energy costs mean great savings on your utility bills.
- Installing durable, eco-friendly roofing helps save the environment by lessening the emission of greenhouse gas, as you will be replacing your roof less frequently.
What are Available Options You can Use for Your Home:
- Clay roofing – This type of roofing is durable and can last for more than 100 years and is available in various sizes, colors, and shapes. Its reflective properties reduce the load of your cooling and heating systems. It is not susceptible to rot and mold. Furthermore, clay roofing can withstand even the strongest winds.
- Slate roofing – It is long-lasting and does not have any properties that can be harmful to the environment. It is fireproof and can resist deterioration regardless of the weather condition.
- Solar roofing –Solar roofing integrates solar panels onto the roof. It is an eco-friendly option, as it reduces the environmental impact of harvesting energy through conventional means. It lets you to maximize the sun's heat to power your home, which helps you save on energy costs.
If you are looking for a professional roofer Washington DC residents trust, call Maggio Roofing at 1-800-7663-495 today. We can help you choose the right type of eco-friendly roofing option for your home.