In the Washington DC area, many residential buildings and commercial complexes have flat roofing because of the distinct advantages flat roofing has over the traditional, sloped roofs. Aside from being easier and faster to install, flat roofs are also easier to maintain.
However, despite these advantages, flat roofs can also be the source of headaches throughout the winter season—when snow removal becomes a problem. If left unaddressed, the accumulated snow can lead to the buildup of ice dams, and the additional weight can result in structural damage, personal injuries, and additional expenses for roof repair.
At Maggio Roofing, we’ve provided premium snow removal services throughout the greater Washington, D.C. area since 1989. In this article, learn why it’s best to leave snow removal to the professionals—and how we can give your roof the proper care and maintenance it needs without putting your safety at risk.
Snow Removal for Flat Roofs
Although it is possible to take a DIY approach when it comes to snow removal, it is important to keep in mind that you should employ proper techniques and use the right equipment to ensure your personal safety and to avoid compromising the integrity of your roof.
Clearing snow and ice from the roof can be very dangerous and can put you at great risk of slips and falls. Additionally, the materials used for flat roofing are softer, and the roof covering can be more vulnerable to damage. For such reasons, it is recommended for homeowners to leave the snow removal task to a trusted roofing company in Washington DC.
Experienced professionals are fully knowledgeable of the technical aspects of clearing snow from different types of roofs and the following protective measures when hired to provide snow removal services:
- Clearing snow to approximately an inch above the roof surface
- The right choice of equipment (soft aluminum and plastic vs. metal)
- Effective removal and prevention of ice dams
- Appropriate use of de-icing products that are safe to use on your particular roof material
- Proper extraction of snow from your roof and disposal from your property
- Accurate identification of vent/pipes and careful removal of snow around these elements
- Creation of a safety perimeter around your property for the well-being of people living in your home and pedestrians walking near it
Your Trusted Roofing Company in Washington DC
If you are in need of a trustworthy roofing company in Washington DC, there is no better company to call than Maggio Roofing. For more than three decades, we have been providing expert snow removal, roof repair, and first-class roofing installation solutions for homeowners in the D.C. area.
With our exceptional track record of satisfied clients, A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, GAF Master Elite contractor certification, and other industry-relevant credentials, you can safely place your trust in our team to get you the results you want, guaranteed. As an all-around roofing company that can provide a wide variety of durable products and customized solutions, we offer the following services:
- Roof Installation: Our highly qualified professionals can provide top quality roofs that will last for many years.
- On-Demand Roof Repair: If your roof is damaged by harsh weather conditions, simply call us to make your roof as good as new.
- Custom Roof Replacement: Maggio Roofing can provide you with a full-on roof replacement according to your preferred style and material.
- Commercial Roofing: Aside from residential properties, we also offer commercial roofing that is durable and stylish.
- Snow Removal: Don’t risk your safety and prevent costly damages to your property by availing professional snow removal services from us.
If you want to learn more about our products and services, or are in need of snow clearing from your rooftop, contact us today to speak with our roofing company in Washington, D.C. today. Alternatively, you may fill out this quick online form to get a free in-home estimate.
Subscribe to Maggio Roofing's Blog